Earlier today, September 25, 2017, members of the DDH KT team have met with local media personalities to share and discuss the milestones and successes of the program.
Standing (L-R) Connie Ambulo, RN Dr. Trishia Michelle Manalaysay (IM Adult Nephro) Dr. Maria Theresa Bad-ang (IM Adult Nephro) Dr. Clarissa Arsolon (IM Adult Nephro / Clinical Head, Renal Replacement Unit) Dr. Mark Anthony Tom (IM Adult Nephro) Seated (L-R) Dr. Louie Metran (Transplant Surgeon) Dr. Placibella Salegon (IM Adult Nephro) Dr. Manuel Belisario (IM Adult Nephro) Dr. Jose Emmanuel Del Fierro (Transplant Surgeon
MEDICAL TEAM | Dr. Placibella Salegon (nephrology), Dr. Clarissa Arsolon (nephrology), Dr. Maria Theresa Bañes(nephrology), Dr. Ceo Dela Caña (nephrology-pedia), Dr. Emmanuel Del Fierro (surgery), Dr. Ma. There Bad-ang (nephrology), Dr. Mark Anthony Tom (nephrology), Dr. Jeanette Ybiernas (nephrology)
SURGERY & ANESTHESIA TEAM | (L-R) Dr. Arthuro Soria, Dr. Lorenz Angelo Deal, Dr. Jose Emmanuel Del Fierro, Dr. Brendon Cajilla, Dr. Ma. Lourdes Co, Dr. Ismael Naghizadeh Mahani, Dr. Miguel Villanueva, Dr. Adrian Raymund Orteza, Dr. Criselda Panlaque, Dr. Datu Nasser Pendatun
ETHICS TEAM | (L-R) Ms. Lucila Lupo, PhD, Dr. Fides Ababon, Dr. Amador Villanueva, Ms. Beatriz Sienes
DDH Nursing Team
Here are some facts about the DDH KT Program:
- Mindanao’s first kidney transplant
- First Donor | A father gave away his other kidney to his son; Alfredo Hamot, Sr. and his son 21 years of age Alfredo Hamot, Jr.
- DDH was the first hospital in Mindanao to operate kidney transplant on September 25. It was the first attempt kidney transplant in Mindanao.
- There were 26 members of the kidney transplantation. They rendered the service for free.
- The team was lled by transplant surgeon Dr. Emmanuel Del Fierro.
- The team was composed of specialist from different departments (Nephrology, Urology, Anesthesia, Vascular Surgery, Pulmonology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology and Dental Medicine).
- The Maria Corazon Torres Y Javier Organ Transplant Foundation vice chairman Dr. Enrique Ona donated P70,000 for Hamot’s transplant.
- Since then the team has performed 74 transplants making DDH as the top Transplant Center in Mindanao
- 4th among all centers in Philippines behind the National Kidney and Transplant Institute, St. Luke’s (National) Medical Center and Potenciano Hospital in Manila.
Mindanao Daily Mirror (June 2003)
Mindanao Inquirer (October 1997)